Soylent Update 4/23
- starter kits began shipping this week
- vegan orders shipping 4/25 due to logistics considerations
- shipping rate will be slowly scaled up over next 1-2 weeks
- all orders will be charged for add-ons and finalized for shipping at 12:00pm PST 4/25
- orders made after that date will not be consolidated with previous orders
Since the official lockdown date of 4/11 we’ve been flexible about unlocking orders for backers who wanted to add more Soylent or change their shipping address.
At 12:00pm PST this Friday 4/25, we will be charging for add-ons and locking down orders for good. If you are unsure of your order’s status, please confirm everything is in order by clicking the link contained in your Backerkit invite email. If you no longer have your invite email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a new one.
If you would like to add more Soylent to your order before the cutoff, you can place a new order on http://soylent.me. Make sure you use the same email address and shipping address so we can consolidate your order.
If you are an existing backer and place a new order on Soylent.me after this time, it will not be consolidated with your existing orders.
New orders placed after the 4/25 cutoff will not necessarily be incorporated into the shipping queue based on order size.
You will receive a starter kit prior to receiving your Soylent. Emails with tracking information will be sent upon shipment of starter kits and Soylent orders.
Soylent starter kits began shipping on Monday. Heres’s what you can expect:
A few shipping updates/changes:
- We will not be providing any estimates on ship dates until the fulfillment process is ramped up. Please know that we are working tirelessly to get fulfillment up and running, and will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding a given order’s ship date.
- Your Backerkit number only indicates the relative order in which you completed your Backerkit survey, and has no bearing on your location within the shipping queue.
- In order to simplify our fulfillment workflow, we will be shipping vegan orders first, starting on 4/25.
- To ensure that we are able to identify and resolve any friction points in the shipping process, we will be slowly scaling up shipments to rest of backers over the next 1-2 weeks, starting with beta testers and progressing to general backers.
- As discussed in previous updates, the shipment queue will be determined primarily by size, with larger orders shipping first. This is to prevent an immediate rush of reorders which would delay some preorders from shipping.
- Starter kits and Soylent orders are shipped from California via FedEx ground for delivery within 3-6 days (longer for HI and AK).
It’s been almost a year since we launched the Soylent campaign, and we are immensely gratified to be on the home stretch. Now the real work will begin: listening to the feedback from everyone who placed their faith in us, and continuing to pursue our goal of developing ever healthier, easier, and more affordable nutrition.
Please share your questions or comments on our Discourse. Thank you all again for your support.